Thursday, April 13, 2006

Team Departs Today

Well its all real. The bags are packed and we are on our way. I thought that 2 bags at 30kg's would give me lots of space. Well I was wrong.

Yesterday I was running around town getting those last minute things as the shops are not open today. I think I got everything that I needed. Well its too late now.

We depart at 5.25pm tonight and after a 12 hour flight we will be able to start using our Spanish for real. I am a little nervous and excited about this at the same time.

There have been many people that have helped me on this adventure. I would like to thank the Cambridge Rotary Club for nominating me for this trip as well as the support they have given me.

Fulton Hogan have been very supportive of is vocational experiance. With out their support I would not be going.

I am also luck to have a very supportive family. It is not going to be easy for them but I know there are many family and friends looking out for them.

Dale Jack was a great help with our uniform. We look great.

Carolina and Max who lost their Saturday mornings so we could learn Spanish. We appreicate the addtional time that you took in translating our speech. You feel like one of our team and its said you are not coming with us.

Well its time to sign off and close up the bags and put them in the car.

Next post should be from South America.

Chao

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home